Make these easy and delicious Mint Fudge Brownies with just one bowl — no mix needed!!
Mint Fudge Brownies
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for stuff to put into brownies.
Aren’t we all?
I absolutely love Ghirardellhi Squares. I saw the mint ones at Target the other day and knew that they needed to go into some brownies.
It was basically one of my best ideas.
(actually, it was one of my husband’s best ideas, but we aren’t going to tell him that)
I baked the squares right into the middle of my favorite, one bowl homemade fudge brownies. The candy added mint flavor throughout, and the chocolate melted into nice chocolately pockets to bite into.
I also added some mint extract to the poured fudge frosting. It’s fabulous!!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 12 oz (ish) jar hot fudge sauce
- 12 Mint Ghirardelli Squares, unwrapped
- 1 stick salted butter (8 TBS)
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp mint extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray ( I prefer to line mine with foil prior to spraying -- it makes the brownies easier to remove) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Gently fold in hot fudge sauce (you may need to heat it just enough to spoon/pour out of jar).
- Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Place the chocolate squares, 3 to a row, in the pan. Cover with remaining batter. Bake for about 20 minutes. Brownies will feel dense and look cakey on top -- that is normal. Let cool for about 30 minutes, then make poured fudge frosting.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in cocoa powder and milk -- stir until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Once it just starts to bubble, cook and stir for exactly one minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in mint extract and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, then pour evenly over brownies.
- Refrigerate brownies until chilled and firm. Cut and serve.
These are perfect — easy, impressive, and no mix needed.
Enjoy and have a great Wednesday!!