These cupcakes are so delicious and the filling tastes just like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream! Plus you can use a mix for the cupcakes and make them even more easy to put together!
I used to be an ice cream eatin’ fool.
Back when I was young.
And super skinny.
And my body didn’t seem to have any issues with digesting large quantities of dairy.
Nowadays…..ice cream and I aren’t friends so much.
Sure, I still love the taste.
And I gaze longingly when the family makes a summer afternoon ice cream stop.
And every so often…I’ll give in and get a scoop.
And every time I do, I start by telling myself “maybe this time…it will be okay…”
And my ice cream eating adventure always ends with me coughing loudly to cover the embarrassing sounds my stomach is making while I frantically search for a restroom and try to look casual at the same time.
“What, honey? Oh yeah….I’m fine….I told you I could get ice cream and it would be okay…..don’t you know I’m ALWAYS right? Say……is there a restroom nearby? No….I just need to wash my hands and fix my lipstick……yeah……I have a mirror in my purse and some hand sanitizer, but my hands just don’t feel clean unless I use that hand air dryer thingy…….what….? I’m sweating?…..oh….I’m just not used to walking much, I guess…..no….that totally wasn’t my stomach, silly…that was my phone ringing…..yeah….I downloaded a Gremlin ringtone…..did you say the bathroom was that way, ’cause I really need reapply my lipstick…..OMG I NEED TO WASH MY HANDS WHERE IS THE BATHROOM ARE YOU TRYING TO DESTROY ME OR WHAT?!”
At which point I run to the bathroom and….you know….wash my hands and reapply my lipstick.
It’s sad, really.
Ice cream is such a happy food. But in my eyes….it’s a big cold sad face.
That taunts me.
My favorite ice cream was always mint chocolate chip. So why not mint chocolate chip cupcakes?
Sans ice cream. Because I’ve learned my lesson.
- 24 chocolate cupcakes (your favorite recipe--use a mix, make homemade...I don't judge)
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 20 Keebler Grasshopper Mint Cookies, crushed
- Green food coloring
- Cream cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Add cookies, and mix on low until evenly blended. Fold in Cool Whip carefull,y until evenly blended. Add green coloring, a drop at a time, until you achieve desired color.
- Let filling set up in the refridgerator for about an hour.
- Lay the cupcakes on their sides and carefully cut the tops off (as evenly as possible). Set tops aside.
- Spoon the filling on top of the cupcakes. Place a cupcake top on top of each and press down gently.
These cupcakes are so delicious and the filling tastes just like ice cream.
Except it won’t hurt your stomach.
Unless you eat way too many cupcakes.
So, don’t do that.
Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend!!