These frosted Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies are sure to please the mint chocolate chip lover in your life!!
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
It’s no secret that I am a huge mint chocolate anything fan.
Except pork chops. Mint chocolate pork chops might be weird.
Last year I created a Mint Chocolate Chip frosting that is so good — it tastes just like the ice cream!! I loved it slathered on a cake, but this time, I wanted it on a fudgy, portable, eat-with-your-hands-no-fork-needed brownie.
To contrast the creamy mint frosting, I decided to go with a dark chocolate brownie base. They are SO fabulous!! I think they’re the perfect Valentine’s treat for the mint chocolate lover in your life, but they’re also pretty festive for St. Patrick’s Day.
These brownies are truly amazing — some of the best I’ve ever had. I think you’ll love them too!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup Dutch Process (I used Special Dark) cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 12 oz (ish) jar hot fudge sauce
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Drop or two of green food coloring
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray ( I prefer to line mine with foil prior to spraying -- it makes the brownies easier to remove) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Fold in hot fudge sauce.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs but no raw batter. Brownies will look cakey on top and feel very dense. Let brownies cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream, and both extracts on medium speed until smooth. With mixer speed on low, slowly add powdered sugar and mix until just combined. Add food coloring and increase speed to medium high and beat for about minute, until frosting is light, smooth, and fluffy. If frosting is too thick, add another Tablespoon or two of cream and beat for 30 more seconds. Add chopped chocolate and mix on low until incorporated. Frost cooled brownies.
Enjoy and have a fabulous day!!