These Minecraft Valentine’s Treats are so cute and easy to put together. Pair them with the free printables and you’ve got fun Valentines that are great for any Minecraft fan!!
Remember last week when I shared the Bear S’mores Mix for Valentine’s Day?
I know that some of you have kids who aren’t into the whole “adorable” thing. I know this because I own one of those children.
Said child owns approximately 5ish Minecraft T-shirts (Creepers Gonna Creep) and has tried to download Minecraft to every available electronic in the house.
Seriously dude, you have a Playstation, an iPod, and a laptop. Why do you need Minecraft on my phone and work computer?
Drives me crazayyyyy.
In the spirit of rolling with the punches, I’m sharing these cute little Valentine’s treats. Your kids might be too cool for school, but I’m willing to bet that they aren’t too cool for these.
And if they are, I’m sorry. It would appear you’ve got a lost cause on your hands!!
These little treats are just Rice Krispie Treats cut into squares and dipped in almond bark and crushed Oreos. Easy Peasy.
My friend Anna designed the cutest printable tags to go with these — I love them!
To print out as many as you want (totally free) just click HERE.
These are totally appropriate for a girl OR a boy, and can be made a couple days in advance. I used storebought Krispie Treats that I cut into squares, but feel free to make your own, if that’s how you roll. I used the extra long Krispie Treats and got about 4 squares each.
I’m including instructions and materials below. They’re really simple and the kiddos will have fun helping put them together.
- Rice Krispie Treats -- amount depends on how many Valentines you need. You should be able to get 2 squares each if you use normal sized, store bought Krispies.
- One bag green candy melts
- 16 oz chocolate almond bark
- 12 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 1 lollipop stick per valentine
- Treat wrappers/twine or ribbon
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt green candy melts according to package directions. Cut Krispies into small squares (roughly 2 - 2 1/2 inches) and dip top half of krispies into melted candy, letting excess drip off. Place on wax paper lined sheet. Place in refrigerator for about 5 minutes or until firm.
- Melt chocolate almond bark according to package directions. Dip bottom of treats into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately coat in chocolate cookie crumbs. Place treats back on wax paper lined sheet.
- Dip top inch or so of lollipop stick in melted candy and insert in treat. Place in refrigerator for about 5 minutes or until firm.
- Wrap tops with wrappers, tie with twine, and attach tags.
I hope these make your little guys as happy as they make mine. Have a great day!!