Caramel and marshmallow combine to make the perfect brownie topping!! A layer of Rice Krispies gives these Marshmallow Caramel Krispie Brownies a nice crunch, creating a bar dessert you’ll find yourself making again and again.
They are going to ruin it.
RUIN ALL OF YOUR DAYS!!!
But in the best way possible. Does that make sense?
You’re nodding. Because the best things are the worst. We all know this.
Are you even seeing what I’m seeing? Fluffy marshmallow, chewy caramel and crunchy Krispies all atop a bed of fudgy fudge fudge brownies.
The best part?
They are FAT FREE!!
Not really. Just seeing if you were still in a caramel trance or were back to paying attention. I’m sure there’s plenty of fat in these babies, that’s why they taste so good! Duh.
Also, I just wasn’t feeling photography that day. It happens. Sometimes you just want to eat the dang food.
The best part about these brownies is how incredibly easy they are — one bowl homemade brownies (but you could easily use boxed mix, it’s all good), a couple handfuls of marshmallows, some melted caramel, bam zoom you’re on a train straight to Delicious Town.
They brownies are the perfect combination of cakey and fudgy and the soft topping has the perfect crunchy finish.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce (I used the jarred stuff)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 11 oz bag caramel bits (or wrapped caramels)
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Add sugar and whisk until blended. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until no streaks remain, then fold in hot fudge. Spread in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until puffy and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs, but no raw batter.
- Immediately upon removing brownies from oven, top evenly with mini marshmallows. Pop back in the oven for a few minutes, just until marshmallows are puffy but not browned. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat caramels and 2 TBS water in the microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Carefully pour over the marshmallow brownies, spreading gently to cover. Immediately sprinkle with krispies, pressing in gently.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.
If you don’t try these brownies, you probably have a tiny black heart and are a horrible person to be around.
Or you’re just incredibly busy, allergic to chocolate, on a diet, or prefer to wait for someone to bake them for you. Either way.
Enjoy and have a fabulous day!!