These Mallow Filled Brownie Cupcakes couldn’t be easier to prepare!! The gooey cream center comes from Mallow Cup Candy.
It’s like the best/worst thing ever. It’s the best because you can have anything you can think of with just two clicks.
And it’s the worst because..you can have anything you can think of with just two clicks. It’s even worse if you have Amazon Prime, because then you don’t even pay for shipping.
It’s awful. I’m always clicking. Face cream, baby toys, paper towels, you name it. Click, click, click.
One day I was thinking about how much I love Mallo Cups. But they hardly even sell them anywhere, which is super annoying. And then I realized that they were probably available on my magical iPhone portal, and what do you know?
I was right.
Bam, zoom, a whole case of Mallo Cups at my house in two days.
Did you know kids are super nosy when packages arrive at your house? My son literally exists in a whole other realm until the UPS guy shows up. And the more you won’t let them see what’s inside the box, the more they decide that something really awesome is in there Then they finally peek in and see that it’s full of chocolate that you’re hoarding to yourself and they say, “Hey…mom you are no fair.”
That’s when you say, “Know what isn’t fair? That your head was so huge when you came out of my body. CHILDBIRTH isn’t fair, son. Chocolate is nothing in the grand scheme of things.”
Then your husband shakes his head and asks how long you’re going to milk the whole child birth thing and you tell him FOREVER. Until infinity.
When will boys realize that they are not allowed to comment on childbirth unless it involves compliments or the gifting of very expensive items? Can we make that official? I think that’s why we haven’t had a woman president yet. All these awesome yet necessary laws would be made and men cannot handle it.
So, the whole case of Mallo Cups was a good idea in theory, but then it turns out that you have to eat them all. Which is not so great.
That’s when I decided to stick them in the middle of brownies and top with fudge frosting. I used a box mix for a quick treat, but you could also use my favorite scratch brownie recipe. Whatever floats your boat!
The Mallo Cups give these cupcakes a gooey cream center. Like magic! Enjoy.
- Brownie cupcakes:
- Family size fudge brownie mix (18-ish oz), plus eggs, oil and water to prepare for CAKE LIKE brownies
- 18 Mallo Cups, unwrapped
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 18 muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare brownie mix as directed for cake like brownies. Fill muffin tins about 1/4 full of batter. Top with a Mallo Cup, then top with a spoonful of batter, spread to cover. Cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until tops are puffy and firm. Remove and let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Prepare frosting: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Whisk in milk and cocoa powder, whisking until mixture thickens and JUST begins to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon frosting on top of cupcakes.
These are seriously SO easy and incredibly impressive. Have a great day!!