I have decided that there is a certain point during pregnancy where a woman just shouldn’t interact with any human besides a doctor.
Like maybe around the 36 weekish mark.
What I am trying to say is, at 37 1/2 weeks, I kind of strongly dislike people right now.
I know I shouldn’t.
I know it’s bad juju and my sweet baby will probably be born with devil horns and say creepy things in a sing song voice as she gets older and it’s all my fault for hating humankind during the last few weeks of my pregnancy.
But goodness, I just want to lay in bed and eat chocolate until the contractions start.
I’ve been checking the browser history on my computer to make sure my husband hasn’t been researching divorce attorneys. So far, so good, but this morning, he made an innocent remark about my son’s haircut over breakfast, and I literally contemplated drop kicking him across the Cracker Barrel.
But then I remembered that drop kicking is mean, illegal, and also, I’ve never drop kicked anything in my life because it sounds athletic, so I’m obviously allergic.
A few nights ago, he suggested having our cleaning lady over for an extra day to take care of a few deep cleaning things before the baby gets here.
I collapsed in the recliner sobbing and accusing him of thinking that I’m an unfit mother and wife.
But in my defense, if I had been closed in my room EATING CHOCOLATE, the whole conversation never would have taken place, sooo….
So in getting on track with being a rational and SANE human being (which I am, the sane part is just hiding sometimes right now), I decided to make brownies based on one of my most favorite candies ever — MALLOW CUPS!!
Mallow Cups are also super hard to find, they never have them at Target or Walmart, so I rarely get to actually have any. Last year, I made homemade giant Mallow Cups for Christmas, which were totally amazing, so I decided that the same filling needed to go on some brownies.
It was a very smart, rational, and delicious idea.
- 2 (19-20 oz each) boxes brownie mix, plus eggs, oil and water to prepare
- 1 jar hot fudge sauce (14-16 oz)
- Coconut marshmallow filling:
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a LARGE bowl, combine both brownie mixes, eggs, oil and water called for on boxes, and jar of hot fudge. Stir until blended and spread evenly in pan. Bake for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with gooey crumbs, but not batter.
- While brownies are warm, combine marshmallow creme and coconut in a small bowl. Spread over warm brownies and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add milk and cocoa powder and stir until just boiling. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar (if too thick, add a bit more milk). Stir until smooth, then pour carefully over marshmallow topping (you don't want to have to spread it much).
- Cool, then slice and serve.
These are seriously some of my favorite brownies EVER — so so good.
And if they make a pregnant lady happy, that’s saying something.
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!