Rule of Life #346: When you go out to the movies, the man in your life is NOT supposed to pick what you watch, unless it is their birthday OR you secretly bought THESE shoes and lied about the price (which I haven’t done, but have contemplated) at which point, you are consumed with guilt, and need to ease your troubled mind.
Neither of which had occurred the other day, but I found myself being talked into going to see a movie I KNEW I would totally hate. But my husband insisted that it looked good, he knew we would like it, the previews were awesome (Seriously– they pick out the few best parts and smash them together…ALL previews look good!!) so I finally agreed, but not without adding my smidge of martyrdom and extracting a promise of whatever popcorn and candy I wanted.
Well. Twenty minutes in, the movie was awful. Boring, weird, and honestly I had no idea what was supposed to be happening. It doesn’t help that this movie was a sequel, and we had never seen the ORIGINAL, but really I don’t think it would matter. I accepted that I had about two hours to sit and pass the time and glanced over at my husband, making sure I had the appropriate “I’m not complaining because I love you and am making a sacrifice” expression on my face.
Homeboy was straight up sleeping.
He proceeded to spend the duration of the film in various states of dozing and staring blankly at the screen, obviously not understanding or caring about what was happening.
One time I think he was almost kind of snoring, but I have no proof because he stopped before I got my iPhone out to video it. And honestly, that was the only main awesome part of the whole thing.
Obviously, I was pretty irritated on the outside, but on the inside….I was JUMPING FOR JOY.
Because duh, that just secured my lifelong movie choosing privileges which means Romantic Comedies all around!!! I’m lookin’ at YOU Ryan Gosling.
Which brings me to Rule of Life #96: Sometimes when your husband makes a mistake and it sucks, it’s actually a good thing because it furthers you in your career of Making ALL Decisions.
And if you clicked on the shoe link earlier and are now completely obsessed (I understand COMPLETELY), these cupcakes are always a good bargaining chip. Almost all men love coconut. It’s like a thing, I don’t know why.[/donotprint]
Italian Cream Cupcakes
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 stick butter, slightly softened
- 8 oz block cream cheese, slightly softened
- 4 Tablespoons Cream of Coconut
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut and 1/2 cup pecans, combined (for garnish…I toasted mine on the stove but this is optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, cream of coconut, and water. Beat on low speed for about a minute. Scrape sides of bowl and increase speed to medium high and beat for another minute. Fold in coconut and pecans.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Place on a cooling rack until completely cool.
4. In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, and cream of coconut until combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low until just combined. Increase speed to high and beat for a minute and half. Frost cupcakes and top with coconut and pecans.
If you want to top your cupcakes with TOASTED coconut and pecans, just place them in a cold pan on the stove. Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly, keeping a close eye on it. Once it starts to brown, remove from heat and let cool.
If you want to pipe giant mounds of frosting on the cupcakes, you will need to double the frosting recipe.
[donotprint] Italian Cream Cupcakes are one of my favorites…and these are amazing!! Make them SOON.
P.S. I know you want to know what the movie was. But I’m guessing that some of you saw it and enjoyed it and I’m not in the mood for hate mail…so you’ll have to guess (it rhymes with Merlock Sholmes, okay???).
Have a happy Monday!![/donotprint]