I’m so excited to share an awesome recipe AND a fabulous cookbook written by one of my friends!!
It’s FULL of recipes — 195 to be exact.
I LOVE cookbooks like that because I can really sit and look through them. Am I the only one who loves to curl up with a cookbook like it’s a novel?
Anyways — the recipes range from breakfasts, cocktails, lunches, main dishes, and a fabulous section on desserts. If you are looking for a cookbook that will get you through every day to day occasion, this is IT!!
I have so many recipes marked to try —Macaroni and Cheese Soup, Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, Baked Barbequed Onion Rings, and Mango Margaritas, to name a few.
But today is about dessert!!
After looking through the Sweet Treats section, I decided to share these Snickerdoodle Blondies. Snickedoodles are my son’s favorite cookie, and I couldn’t pass up a chance to make him smile. Lori’s recipe is for an 8×8 pan, but I knew those wouldn’t last long enough around here, so I doubled the recipe for a 9×13. I also added a glaze, which you can feel free to omit. I believe that too much is never enough though, so a glaze was definitely happening!!
These bars are definitely going to the top of my Potluck list. They are the perfect thickness and chewiness and taste AMAZING!! If these don’t impress, I don’t know what will.
Make sure you scroll down below the recipe — Lori is giving a Recipe Girl cookbook to one of you!!
Entering is super easy, just follow the directions on the Promosimple Widget. Drawing is open to US Residents only and I will be closing entries at 11:59 pm Thurs August 8th. Winner will be contacted via email.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 bag (roughly 2 cups) cinnamon chips
- 4 TBS granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray well with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar, and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, beat in flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in cinnamon chips. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over surface of bars.
- Bake bars for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes, then prepare glaze.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and water until smooth. Spread evenly over bars. Let bars cool and firm up before cutting and serving.
Adapted from the Recipe Girl Cookbook
Make sure you enter below to win this cookbook for yourself!!
Thanks for entering and good luck!!