These Cool & Creamy Oreo Parfaits are a recipe for success! Chocolate cookies and creamy vanilla filling combine to make a super simple and crowd pleasing dessert.
That thing you make that’s so incredibly simple, you almost feel guilty when people take a bite and say, “OMG WHAT IS IN THIS???”
This is that dessert.
Honestly. It’s ridiculously simple. It’s one of those desserts that has been around forever, kids love it, adults love it, and the ingredient list is full of embarrassing stuff like Cool Whip and pudding mix, which we all know are actually the main ingredients in Heaven.
Truly, there is nothing healthy here. No quinoa, no chia seeds…not even a drizzle of espresso for you fancy pants out there. Just lots of yummy no-good stuff that makes people happy.
Also, can we talk about New Girl? I just started watching it on Netflix and darn it if Zooey hasn’t captured my heart. I truly want to be cynical and get annoyed by her character Jess, but I can’t.
Between you and me, I suspect that Jess might be my spirit animal. She breaks into weird songs at completely inappropriate times, and let’s just say that I can relate.
Please, Zooey, never get rid of your bangs. I’m 99% sure they have magical powers.
This dessert makes a lot. You can make it in a very large bowl or trifle dish, or serve it up in individual jars if you want to be all cutesy. I’ve never tried it in a 9×13, but I am not sure it is deep enough, so definitely go for a trifle dish. It’s easily halved, so if you need a smaller portion, just half the recipe on your phone calculator. That’s what it’s for.
Not that I ever half recipes on my calculator, because I’m smart enough to do it in my brain like a smart person who is good at math.
- 1 regular size package Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mixes until thick. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, until firm. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the mixture.
- IN the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for one minute, until smooth. Fold cream cheese mixture into pudding mixture with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Spread cookie crumbs in bottom of dish. Layer pudding mix and cookie crumbs.
Fills roughly 12 1/2 pint jars or a very large bowl/trifle dish.
This is SUCH a crowd pleasing dessert! Enjoy and have a great day!