These cookie monster cupcakes are adorable AND delicious! Full of Oreos, Oreo frosting AND cookie dough frosting, they’re for true sweet lovers only!
Aren’t these the funnest in the whole universe??
My Cookie Monster Layer Cake is one of my favorite (and your favorite) cakes ever, so I KNEW I had to create a cupcake version! Cakes will always have my heart, but sometimes cupcakes are more convenient for parties or get togethers.
And everyone loves Cookie Monster, don’t they?
Lucy is completely obsessed with these cupcakes. And by obsessed, I mean that she promptly licked the frosting off of two of them and left them abandoned in random spots in the house. Don’t you love when you go to the bathroom and find a licked cupcake behind the toilet? Hashtag my life.
Trust me when I say that bald, abandoned cupcakes are the least of my worries with this child. She recently requested that we add “werewolves” to our nightly prayer list and has mentioned that she’d like to go to Disney World so she can meet all of the “villains.” No big deal, she’s basically evil, not worried about her future at all.
These cupcakes are extra special because they are packed will all kinds of fun surprises. From the Oreo hiding in the bottom (if you ever want to impress someone, put an Oreo in the bottom of their cupcake. It never fails to get a reaction), to the cookie dough frosting in the middle, the hits just keep on coming. They’re basically guaranteed to sell out at your bake sale, put the other moms to shame at the class party, and make you world famous on Facebook. Pinky promise.
To demonstrate how fun and easy these are, I took the liberty of putting together a little video for your viewing pleasure. As always, Lucy steals the show at the end!
I hope you love these as much as I loved making them for you!
- 24 Oreo cookies
- White cupcake batter (I used a cake mix), mixed and ready to use
- Cookie Dough Frosting:
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cookies and Cream Frosting:
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 10Oreo cookies, crushed very finely
- Blue food coloring
- 48 large candy eyes (I use Wilton)
- 12 mini chocolate chip cookies, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare cookie dough frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract and heavy cream until combined. Beat on high for one minute, until fluffy. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a small paring knife, cut the center out of each cupcake and fill with cookie dough frosting.
- Prepare cookies n'cream frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth and well-combined. Slowly add powdered sugar. Once powdered sugar is barely mixed in, increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed Oreos. Add blue food coloring until desired shade is achieved. Pipe frosting on cupcakes.
Enjoy and have a great day! Thanks for reading!