These Cinnamon Pull Apart Muffins are simple enough for a novice, but taste like they were prepared by a professional! Gooey and fluffy, they must be tried to be believed.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Fleischmann’s®. Partnering with brands that I love and use in my daily life is a great opportunity to share what I love with you! These partnerships help me continue to provide you with free content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Hi. My name is Kristan and I used to be completely terrified of baking with yeast.
It’s not that I didn’t WANT to bake with yeast. I did. Quite desperately, to be honest. Light, fluffy, warm carbs…is there anything better? And the smell – bread baking has got to be the most wonderful thing in the world. The smell of bread baking makes me want to light a fire in the fireplace and start knitting a sweater or something. And thankfully, I have finally found a yeast that is a dream to work with. Fleischmann’s® Rapid Rise™ Yeast is so incredibly easy to use – I’ve never had a single issue with my dough when using it. So all those bread baking dreams? Totally a reality.
One of my family’s favorite things in the world is Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread, so I decided to switch things up and turn it into little glazed muffins. Oh. My. Gosh. Hands down one of the best things to come out of my kitchen in quite some time.
The dough was really easy to make – -no crazy ingredients or directions. You make your dough in your stand mixer…
Knead it just a little…
And after resting, cut it into 36 pieces.
I did this by cutting it into six wedges and then cutting each of those into six more.
Spray a baking pan really well with nonstick spray, then coat the dough pieces in the melted butter and cinnamon sugar. Place three pieces in each tin, cover, and let rise until double in size.
Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes…
And you’ve got one gorgeous breakfast bread.
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1% OR skim)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons warm water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl and stir until blended. Combine milk, water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture with egg. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in just enough remaining flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic and dough springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- For filling, combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Cut dough into 36 pieces. Dip each piece into the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 3 pieces in each tin of a muffin pan that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Combine any remaining butter and sugar and drizzle over rolls. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes .
- Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to a serving plate.
- Prepare glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over muffins and serve.
These are absolutely perfect for cold mornings and would make a pretty amazing dessert, too. They’re impossible to mess up. Enjoy!