Today is my last recipe for Ben & Jerry’s Week!!
But if we’re being honest, I’ve thought of like a zillion other flavors I want to recreate, soooo…this may continue on into infinity.
Speaking of infinity.
My son has reached the age where he asks me things like “What is the world’s largest number?” alllll the timeeeeeee.
One time, I triumphantly yelled “A Googol!!!”
And he was like, “Google what?” and I said, “that is the world’s largest number!!” and he said, “no mom, that is a search engine”.
Almost 9 year old boys think they know EVERYTHING. Serious smarty butts, I am telling you.
These cookies. They are total Chunky Monkey in cookie form!!
If you’ve never had Chunky Monkey (one of my favorite flavors!!) it’s banana ice cream with chunks of dark chocolate and walnuts.
These cookies are rich dark chocolate cookies with walnuts, and a cool, creamy, ice cream-like banana frosting with chocolate chunks.
I know some of you will email me and say, “These look great, but my hubby Bill hates walnuts, so can I sub pecans?” or “my son refuses to eat nuts, so can I leave them out??”
The answer is yes to both. And I’m sure they will still be perfectly delicious cookies.
HOWEVER — they will NOT be Chunky Monkey Cookies.
They will be Hubby Bill Who Likes Pecan Cookies. Which doesn’t quite have the same ring to it, if you ask me.
Regardless — make the durn cookies and share them with your favorite know it all. They are seriously fabulous!!
- Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 stick salted butter, slightly softened
- 8 oz block cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 box banana cream instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz (half an 8 oz tub) WHIPPED cream cheese
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped FINELY
- Prepare cookie dough: In the bowl of your mixer, beat cake mix, butter, and cream cheese on medium until smooth. Add egg and beat until well combined. Fold in walnuts. Cover and chill dough for about 2 hours.
- Prepare frosting: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, powdered sugar, and milk until pudding is thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and combined. Carefully fold in whipped topping until no streaks remain. Fold in chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the chilled dough on to prepared baking sheet, 3 inches apart. Flatten slightly with your hand. Bake for about 8 minutes, until edges are set. Remove baking sheet and allow cookies to cool for about a minute -- remove with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spoon or pipe frosting on the flat side of one cookie. Top with another.
- Keep uneaten cookies chilled.
Of course, since it’s Ben & Jerry’s Week, we’ve got a few other bloggers sharing fabulous recipes, too!!
Shelly has made cookies inspired by the Oatmeal Cookie Chunk Flavor, Heather has created a decadent Chocolate Therapy Cake.
So many great flavors, I can’t wait to see what they came up with!!
I hope you get tons of dessert inspiration. Enjoy and happy Thursday!!