Fans of cookie dough will LOVE these Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Brownies! Egg free cookie dough tops fudgy brownies. A dip in melted chocolate pushes these right over the top!
Can we talk about how hard it is to entertain an almost 10 year old and a 20 month old during the Summer?
Seriously. There is almost nothing they both like to do except eat, so we basically live at the frozen yogurt place. And if we are being honest, Lucy is just in it for the toppings. Are you allowed to just get a big thing of toppings at those yogurt places? Or is that frowned upon?
Can you just pay for the yogurt and bring your OWN toppings, is that a thing? Because I’m thinking that a sandwich bag full of smashed up graham crackers and M&Ms might be cheaper if I scrounge it from my kitchen.
The last time I took the kids for frozen yogurt, Lucy somehow ended up sitting on a good deal of it, so her bottom had a big brown stain on it from the chocolate. Then we went and ran errands and people probably thought she pooped her pants, especially since she was crying a lot, which was actually just toddler tantrums and not at all poop related.
But you know how you know you’re just over it? When you know it looks like you are going around town with a toddler who has pooped her pants and you don’t care.
Like literally, I do not care at this point. As long as no one bothers me to my face, where I actually have to respond to them with real words out of my mouth, I just don’t care. I would rather someone think that I do not change my daughter’s diapers, than actually have to speak words to them to the contrary.
Isn’t it weird how you forget that toddlers make you feel that way? My only real goal these days is to get to the time of day where I can put on sweatpants and not touch anyone for an hour. I know that you’re thinking that you really envy my husband right now, and I have to say, I don’t blame you a bit. He’s LOVING it!
Can I also add that I always wonder how people with toddlers get pregnant? Just thinking out loud, here.
These are the kind of brownies that you want to have in your fridge after a long day.
I realize that Cookie Dough Brownies really aren’t anything new, but I had never had them, so I’m thinking that maybe some of you haven’t either.
Basically, they are fudgy brownies topped with egg-free cookie dough. Then I dipped part of them in chocolate. Because I’m the boss of my life.
These are perfect for just about any occasion — Back to School (party!! Party!!), birthday parties, bake sales, teacher gifts…you get the idea. We loved them and I think you will too!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup flour
- Cookie Dough
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz Chocolate Almond Bark
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Brownies will look cakey on top and feel very dense -- that is normal. Let brownies cool completely.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt and mix until fully combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Spoon cookie dough over brownies and spread carefully. Place brownies in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour before dipping in melted chocolate.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions. Remove brownies from pan, peeling off the foil and cutting into rectangles. Dip half of each brownie in melted chocolate and let the excess drip off. Place on wax paper until chocolate is firm.
Enjoy and have a very happy Monday!