I’m a big fan of cute, themed desserts.
However — there is NO rule stating that all Fourth of July desserts have to be red, white and blue.
I would know — I Googled the existence of said rule, and found nothing.
So…in light of these facts, how about changing things up a bit?
Maybe make some Cherry Limeade Cupcakes for your big celebration?
Plus, there is just something magical about cupcakes topped with cherries.
They’re whimsical. Full of WHIMSY. And hello, pretty sure no one ever died from too much whimseyness.
Do you concur?[/donotprint]
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
- 18.25 oz white cake mix
- 1 cup limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- few drops green food coloring
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, slightly softened
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, limeade concentrate, eggs, oil, and food coloring. Beat on low speed for about 30 seconds, then scrape sides of the bowl and increase speed to medium high. Beat for two minutes. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove cupcakes to wire racks until cool.
3. In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice from the jar of cherries until semi-combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar until it is just mixed in. Increase speed to high and beat for about a minute until fluffy.
4. Frost cupcakes and top with a cherry (I also used coarse sanding sugar).
If you’re going to pipe frosting on high like I did, you’ll want to double the frosting recipe.
Green food color is NOT necessary, but without it, the cupcakes stayed white.
[donotprint]WhatEVER you decide to eat this holiday, I hope you have a wonderful day full of food and family and appreciation for the wonderful country we get to live in!!
Have a very happy Monday!![/donotprint]