This Caramel Churro Chex Mix is crunchy, cinnamon-sugarey, and completely addictive!
This Caramel Churro Chex Mix is the very worst and the very best type of recipe.
Worst because it’s you can’t stop eating it. Best because…you can’t stop eating it.
It’s basically the humble bragging-est dessert on the planet. I’m over here all like, “ugh, I made something SO good that I can’t put it down. I’m going to get SO FAT from the delicious, addictive recipe that I made.”
And can we all agree that humble bragging is the grossest thing on the planet? It really is. It’s like…look, dude. If you’re not actually awesome enough to OWN how awesome you are, you need to just be quiet.
“Ugh, I have SO MUCH MONEY that I can’t stop buying ALL THESE THINGS I DON’T NEEEEED.”
“Oh my gosh, you guys, I am SO POPULAR, I can’t even handle how many people want to hang out with me.”
“I’m SO GOOD LOOKING that girls are too intimidated to be my friend. It’s so annoying. I wish I was uglier.”
Because you’re my friends, I’m going to let you in on a little secret — if a girl ever tells you that she doesn’t have any girl friends because she is too pretty, run. Run like Jillian Michaels is chasing you with a green smoothie in her hands. Because I assure you — her looks have nothing to do with her current friend situation.
So in the hopes of eliminating humble bragging completely, I’m just going to own how completely amazing this Chex mix is. It’s crunchy, caramel-ey, and sugar cinnamon-ey. Have you ever had a churro dipped in caramel? Well. If you have, you know what I’m talking about.
Obviously I have to warn you that you won’t be able to put this stuff down. You just won’t. You’ll probably make yourself sick and be ruined from any other snack for the rest of your life, but there is just no way around that. There are only a few real concrete truths in life, the addictiveness of this Caramel Churro Chex Mix being one of them.
It goes without saying that this stuff also makes a pretty perfect weapon. We all have that one friend who is just skinny enough to annoy us. Just quietly set a bowl of this out within arm’s length and watch her self-destruct.
Don’t feel bad. It’s for the sake of your friendship. And how can feeding someone ever be a BAD thing? See what I mean? You’re basically the nicest person ever.
Make this. Share it. NO REGRETS!!
Craving Even More Churro Goodness?
Try These Recipes!
- Churro Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake
- Churro Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Churro Layer Cake
- These amazing Churro Bars from my friend Shelly over at Cookies & Cups
- Nutella Stuffed Churros from Handle the Heat – OMGGGG
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1/4 up light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cereal in a large, heat safe bowl. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for about 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes, until cereal turns golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then break up and store in an airtight container.
Heavily adapted from chex.com