These Butter Pecan Cupcakes are full of delicious buttery flavor. They are sure to be a fast favorite!
Butter Pecan Cupcakes
Somehow Butter Pecan has gotten a reputation as an old person flavor.
Which is pretty darn ageist, if you ask me.
It doesn’t even make sense because I refuse to believe that taste buds change as you age.
The reason I refuse to believe such a thing is that it’s the same excuse that my 9 year old uses any time he doesn’t want to eat what I made him.
“What do you mean you don’t like bologna? It’s always been your FAVORITE??”
“My taste buds changed two days ago”.
Seriously. Can taste buds even DO that?
No. No, they can’t. LIES.
Anyways — I love Butter Pecan anything. I don’t care if it’s cool or not.
(it’s not cool, I checked)
If you’re uncool like me and love Butter Pecan, you will love cupcakes. They’re super duper easy, and so rich and buttery and full of toasted pecans.
Old people flavors for the win!!
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter (2 1/2 sticks) softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS Butter Vanilla Emulsion (or plain vanilla extract)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBS butter vanilla emulsion (or 2 tsp vanilla)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with liners. Set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter and pecans on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine milk and emulsion (or extract) in a measuring glass. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat 1 cup butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy -- about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. With the mixer on medium low, add flour and milk mixtures alternately, starting and ending with flour. Fold in 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- Prepare frosting:
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and emulsion (or extract) on medium speed until smooth. With the mixer on low, beat in powdered sugar until just mixed. Add heavy cream and increase mixer speed to high, beating for one minute, until light and fluffy. Fold in remaining 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Adapted from Taste of Home
You can purchase Butter Vanilla Emulsion HERE. You can always substitute regular vanilla extract, but I love the buttery vanilla flavor this adds!!