Looking for some fun lunch box treats and after school snacks? I’ve rounded up my favorite Back to School Treats!
School started back for my son this week — and I’m not mad about it. I love the kid, truly, deeply, and with my whole heart, but sometimes my heart needs to be a little further away. For about seven hours.
Even though Jon David dreaded the return to a school schedule, he always gets right back in the swing of things, and enjoys seeing his friends and learning new things. So really, school is a good thing for both of us. But I don’t think Lucy agrees — she just wants her bubba back!
Lucy is approaching her second birthday and is big enough to enjoy many desserts — and she’s pretty vocal about them. She’s not afraid to ask for a “Kip Cake” when she sees one, that’s for sure! So I am definitely looking forward to whipping up some fun after school treats to surprise her and her brother with once 3:15 hits. Here are my favorites from my blog and around the web!
1. Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies (My favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies!)
2. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frosted Grahams (Simple and no bake — use store bought frosting if you’re in a pinch for time)
3. Peanut Butter Twix Cookies (Kinda like a Tagalong — with caramel!)
4. Homemade Domino Cookies (Just like my favorite cookies from the mall cookie place)
5. Sprinkle Cookies (These just make me happy)
1. White Chocolate Ritz Fluffernutter Bars (This flavor combo! Perfect sweet and salty)
2. Mint Cookies and Cream Bars (My kiddos love mint chocolate anything)
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars (Simple and yummy)
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Bars (Butterfingers are Jon David’s favorite — these chewy bars are always a win)
5. Everything Bars (One of my favorite creations — so simple and I get rave reviews every time!! Pretzels, marshmallow, chocolate chip cookies — win!)
1. Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Brownies (So decadent!)
2. Creamsicle Brownies (In love with the cool citrus flavor in these! So dense and chewy, too)
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies (That strawberry frosting is fab!)
4. Homemade Brownies with Funfetti Frosting (My favorite brownies!)
5. Cookies and Cream Brownies (The cookies and cream frosting will knock your socks right off)
1. Kitchen Sink Bark (Fun and simple – use whatever leftover candy and chip bits you have hanging around)
2. Pretzel S’more Candy (These are so perfect for lunchboxes!)
3. Rice Krispies Caterpillar Treats (A fun twist on a Krispie treat)
4. Brownie Batter Truffles (Brownie lovers will go crazy for these!)
5. Homemade Mallo Cups (Messy but so worth it)
More ideas from around the web:
1. No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from The Cookie Rookie
2. Monster Cookies from Julie’s Eats and Treats
3. Brownie Whoopie Pies from Inside BruCrew Life
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Call Me PMC
5. Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
1. Mini M&M Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
2. Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies from Mom on Timeout
3. Oatmeal Cream Pies from Shugary Sweets
4. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Cups with Jelly from Food Faith Fitness
5. Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Cream Pies from The Cookie Rookie
1. Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats from Glorious Treats
2. Homemade Oreo Cookies from Erren’s Kitchen
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bites from The Kitchen is My Playground
4. Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Mouthwatering Food Blog
5. Circus Animal Cookie Dough Truffle Bars from Beyond Frosting
Enjoy friends! Happy back to school!
Stitch Fix time!!
If you missed my last post or are unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, it’s a service that sends you five items of clothing per month based on a style profile you fill out. This is based not only on style, but also on budget — you can choose if you want to go cheaper or pricier.
The service costs $20 a month – – that is the fee for getting styled and having the clothes shipped to you. Once the clothes arrive, you try them on. If you decide to keep any, that $20 fee is deducted from the cost. If you send any back, it’s so easy. There is a postage paid envelope included, so you don’t even have to make a trip to the post office!!
I’ve been using Stitch Fix for about a year now, and I LOVE it. So so convenient for my life right now. Shopping with a toddler is basically impossible, and trying things on in a dressing room with one requires that you have zero dignity whatsoever. So, this is a great option.
I try the clothes on when Lucy is napping and whatever I don’t want I just stick in the envelope and place in my mailbox! Easy peasy.
Let’s take a look at what I got!
This top looks cuter in person that it does in the photo — there is so much detail in the embroidery! When I pulled this top out of the box I wasn’t thrilled, but completely loved it once I tried it on. It’s more fitted up top and loose along the middle, which I love.
(Pomelo) Priya Graphic Chevron Print mixed Material Tank
Oh this photo…my son decided that photographing me from under my chin would be the most flattering angle. This is while he spoke with a fake french accent and kept kissing his fingers at me. Lawd.
I liked this shirt. It will carry over to Fall with a cardigan, and the colors were really pretty. The jeans are Stitch Fix as well — (Just Black) Riley Distressed Boyfriend Jeans. In my opinion, boyfriend jeans have a baggier fit, and these fit like jeggings. However — they did fit great and are extremely comfortable, so I kept them! They’ll go great with Fall and Winter boots.
(Daniel Rainn) Annabel Leaf Print Crochet Detail Blouse
This is another shirt I didn’t like until I tried it on. It’s cute and comfortable and would work for church or just casual outings.
(Papermoon) Selah Tie Dye Striped Crochet Racerback Dress
This dress was the least flattering item in my box. Jon David actually told me it made me look..”You know, mom….(gestures towards his middle, puffing it out to look bloated)”. Bless. Him.
It IS a cute dress, and hopefully once I tone my middle a bit, or pair it with a cardigan and leggings (and maybe a few long, distracting necklaces), it will look a bit better. It was cheaper to keep the dress than send it back, because you get a 25% discount on everything when you keep it all. So, I kept it!
My total for all the things was under $190, but I had quite a few credits from referrals so thankfully I paid less than that in real cash. Please know that if you sign up from Stitch Fix through links on my site, I do get a credit towards future boxes, but that does not influence any thoughts I share with you here. I like what I like and I don’t like what I don’t like.
That’s it for this month! If you’d like to sign up, here’s the link! I’ll have a new box to show you in September!
Have a great day!
This Butter Pecan Caramel Cake is light on prep but heavy on flavor! Comforting and rich butter pecan, caramel, and cream cheese frosting combine to make the perfect Fall treat!
Can we please just start saying that it’s Fall?
I am not one of those people who gets angry when people jump the gun on seasons. Christmas decor at Hobby Lobby in June? I ain’t mad. I LOVE Christmas, bring it on!
August is always one of my least favorite months — it’s hot, school starts, and there are no holidays. But — there’s the anticipation of Fall. Cooler temperatures, a change of wardrobe, cinnamon spicy foods, and the beginning of holidays.
Enter, this cake.
Too soon? Don’t care.
Let’s talk about the flavors here — it’s everything cozy in the universe. All you need to do is crank up the AC, grab a fuzzy blanket and a good book, and a mug of something warm to drink.
Best night ever. Summer, who? I don’t even hear you, dude.
I know there’s a lot of brown going on here. For visual purposes, I like a lot more color in my food. The problem though, is that the best foods are usually the ugliest.
Why is this a thing? You know those horribly ugly casseroles with canned soup and cheese and you just heap spoonfuls on your plate and you can hardly even tell what is in it?
I love those.
Shhhh…I know. We don’t need to have a whole conversation about it. I just wanted to confess. Ugly, trashy food is my thing. I’ve made peace with it and done a lot of reading in the Ugly, Trashy Food chapter in my Bible. Let’s just move on.
This lovely cake has just about every comforting flavor on the planet packed into it. Butter pecan? Check. Caramel? Check. Cream cheese frosting? You better believe it, punks.
I don’t even know where my life would be without cream cheese frosting. Nowhere good, that’s for darn sure.
This easy peasy cake has caramel soaked into the cake, and swirled into the frosting. And because I used a Butter Pecan Cake Mix (shhhhh…), it comes together in a breeze. If you’d like to opt for homemade Butter Pecan Cake, try this recipe, making the cake in a 9×13 instead of cupcake tins. It’s a great homemade Butter Pecan Cake!
Enjoy, friends! And save me a piece!
Have a great day and thanks for reading!
Happy Friday, everyone! It’s our last Friday before school starts next week!
I have so much to talk about this week. First off, Bachelor in Paradise. I am obsessed with this show. It literally takes me like 3 days to watch it because it’s 2 hours long and I have to break it up into pieces because I’m never sitting that long. So basically, it feels like I am with these people for half the week.
I am DYING to see what goes down with Michelle next week. I never liked her on The Bachelor, but I’ve always liked her on Bachelor Pad. Not this year — she’s incredibly manipulative.
Also, Big Brother. Oh Christine…you are so inappropriate. And I want you to go home.
I recently signed up for Fabletics after seeing it on my friend Jenny’s site — I LOVE it! It’s basically like a Stitch Fix for cute workout clothes. When you sign up, you get to pick one outfit for $25 and I got the cutest leggings and tank top — the quality is beyond what I expected. I’m excited to see what I get from them next! Even if you don’t exercise, these are great options for hanging around the house or running casual errands. Just cute, cozy stuff you can move in.
Another thing I recently signed up for that is kind of weird (but awesome) is the Dollar Shave Club. My friend Kristen mentioned that she signed up for them, so I decided to take a look. Razors are the one thing I’m always forgetting to pick up at the store, and my Venus refills aren’t cheap — they average $4 per cartridge! The Dollar Shave Club looks like it’s for men, but the convenience and the savings are incredible — I get FOUR high quality four-blade razor cartridges for $6 per month. Your first shipment comes with a nice, good quality handle too, and you can order an extra handle for $4 if you ever need it. My husband only shaves about once a week, so I ordered a second handle so he can use one of the cartridges too. At only $1.25 per cartridge, PLUS they are delivered RIGHT to my house, I can’t pass this deal up!
Lucy has been saying SO MANY WORDS lately! The other day she said “cracker” and “turtle” out of nowhere…and later when I asked her where her shoes were, she pointed and said, “down there”. WHAATTTTT. I can’t even handle all the language, she will be saying full sentences before I know it!
Jon David is not ready for school, but he will get there. He always dreads it until the first day when he sees all his friends. Lucy will miss having him home with us.
Here’s what I did on the blog this week:
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – one of my favorite things in the whole universe!
I’m sharing my favorite apps for toddlers. All of these are Lucy approved!
Strawberry Lemonade Pound Cake — so yummy and Summery.
These cookies have your name written all over them!
That’s it for this week, friends. I’d love to hear what you are up to!! Have a wonderful weekend!