Looking for some fun lunch box treats and after school snacks? I’ve rounded up my favorite Back to School Treats!
School started back for my son this week — and I’m not mad about it. I love the kid, truly, deeply, and with my whole heart, but sometimes my heart needs to be a little further away. For about seven hours.
Even though Jon David dreaded the return to a school schedule, he always gets right back in the swing of things, and enjoys seeing his friends and learning new things. So really, school is a good thing for both of us. But I don’t think Lucy agrees — she just wants her bubba back!
Lucy is approaching her second birthday and is big enough to enjoy many desserts — and she’s pretty vocal about them. She’s not afraid to ask for a “Kip Cake” when she sees one, that’s for sure! So I am definitely looking forward to whipping up some fun after school treats to surprise her and her brother with once 3:15 hits. Here are my favorites from my blog and around the web!
1. Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies (My favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies!)
2. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Frosted Grahams (Simple and no bake — use store bought frosting if you’re in a pinch for time)
3. Peanut Butter Twix Cookies (Kinda like a Tagalong — with caramel!)
4. Homemade Domino Cookies (Just like my favorite cookies from the mall cookie place)
5. Sprinkle Cookies (These just make me happy)
1. White Chocolate Ritz Fluffernutter Bars (This flavor combo! Perfect sweet and salty)
2. Mint Cookies and Cream Bars (My kiddos love mint chocolate anything)
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars (Simple and yummy)
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Bars (Butterfingers are Jon David’s favorite — these chewy bars are always a win)
5. Everything Bars (One of my favorite creations — so simple and I get rave reviews every time!! Pretzels, marshmallow, chocolate chip cookies — win!)
1. Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Brownies (So decadent!)
2. Creamsicle Brownies (In love with the cool citrus flavor in these! So dense and chewy, too)
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies (That strawberry frosting is fab!)
4. Homemade Brownies with Funfetti Frosting (My favorite brownies!)
5. Cookies and Cream Brownies (The cookies and cream frosting will knock your socks right off)
1. Kitchen Sink Bark (Fun and simple – use whatever leftover candy and chip bits you have hanging around)
2. Pretzel S’more Candy (These are so perfect for lunchboxes!)
3. Rice Krispies Caterpillar Treats (A fun twist on a Krispie treat)
4. Brownie Batter Truffles (Brownie lovers will go crazy for these!)
5. Homemade Mallo Cups (Messy but so worth it)
More ideas from around the web:
1. No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from The Cookie Rookie
2. Monster Cookies from Julie’s Eats and Treats
3. Brownie Whoopie Pies from Inside BruCrew Life
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Call Me PMC
5. Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
1. Mini M&M Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
2. Rainbow Pinwheel Cookies from Mom on Timeout
3. Oatmeal Cream Pies from Shugary Sweets
4. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Cups with Jelly from Food Faith Fitness
5. Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Cream Pies from The Cookie Rookie
1. Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats from Glorious Treats
2. Homemade Oreo Cookies from Erren’s Kitchen
3. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bites from The Kitchen is My Playground
4. Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Mouthwatering Food Blog
5. Circus Animal Cookie Dough Truffle Bars from Beyond Frosting
Enjoy friends! Happy back to school!