I’ll be honest — I am not so much a fan of football season.
Here in Arkansas, we are huge Hog fans. We don’t have a pro team, so the University of Arkansas gets our FULL support! And while I do love the Razorbacks and own many a red Hog shirt (Luckily, red is a good color for me — if we were Browns fans I’d be in trouble), I have been known to tune out a time or fifteen while the game is on.
One thing I DO love, though, is the food! Fun game food and entertaining friends is one of my favorite things, so at least I’ve got that part down. So while I can’t tell you much about what a safety is, I can tell you some fabulous recipes to make Game Day extra special.
Can we just be okay with that? Don’t try to change me, dude.
1. Arkansas Razorback Dessert Table (Hog fans unite!)
2. My Favorite Brownies (These are my go-to brownies and I never cease to get compliments on them. My son requests them instead of cake every year on his birthday!)
3. Cracker Barrel Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake (A copycat of Cracker Barrel’s famous cake. It’s so fudgy and good!)
4. Cheesecake Eggrolls (Ugh. Love)
5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Bars (Yummy and crowd pleasing bar — great for a group!)
6. Oreo Poke Cake (Super simple to whip up if you’re short on time!)
7. Whopper, Potato Chip and Marshmallow Cookies (Love these sweet and salty cookies! The combo totally works!)
8. Snickers Peanut Butter Blossoms (Peanut Butter Cookies with a tiny Snickers bar smashed in the middle.)
9. Marshmallow Caramel Corn Treat Bars (So fun and yummy!)
10. Peanut Brittle Bark (This stuff is completely addicting. I don’t make it often enough!
11. 100 Grand Cupcakes (Chocolate/Caramel/Crunchy. So good!)
12. Marshmallow Caramel Krispie Brownies (One of my all time favorite treats. The marshmallow/caramel/krispie combo is too good)
13. Peanut Butter S’More Blondies (Another crowd pleaser — great for peanut butter lovers!)
14. Butterfinger Cupcakes (Butterfingers are in the batter AND on top of the cupcakes!)
15. Cookies and Cream Bars (These bars are crazy easy and I get SO many compliments when I make them!)
16. Game Day Bean Dip Cups from Modern Christian Homemaker
17. Buffalo Chicken Caesar Wonton Bites from Frugal Foodie Mama
18. Pizza Pretzel Bites from Two Peas and their Pod
19. South of the Border Bacon Dip from Kailley’s Kitchen
20. Spiced Roasted Chickpeas from An Edible Mosaic
21. Beer Battered Cheese Curds from Krafted Koch
22. Pull Apart Pizza Sticks from Cookies & Cups
23. Honey BBQ Wings and Cool Ranch from Big Bear’s Wife
24. Light Turkey & Corn Chowder from Cookin’ Canuck
25. Lasagna Dip from Diethood
26. Harlem Chili from Neighborfood
27. Slowcooker Sweet & Spicy Sausage from Wonky Wonderful
28. Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skins from Mom on Time Out
29. Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip from Persnickety Plates
30. Idaho Nachos from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Are you about the football or the food? Or both? What is your favorite game day snack?
Hopefully you found a few things here to try this season! Enjoy and have a great day!