Looking for some sweet and scary Halloween treats? I’m sharing a round-up of my favorite Halloween Desserts!
As you might know, I LOVE Halloween. The costumes, the candy, the spooky Halloween themed desserts — I love every bit of it. I also love scary movies but my husband does NOT…so I don’t watch them very often anymore. My honey SAYS it’s because he just doesn’t care for them, but one time a few years ago he “casually” got up and “casually” turned on a light while we were watching The Exorcism of Emily Rose, so I’m on to him.
Also, is it just me or are scary movies not so scary anymore? It seems like everything is gory, which is NOT the same. I did love Paranormal Activity — I went and saw it with a friend when it was in theaters and was terrified for at least a week. But then they went and made 48 sequels, which just ruins everything. I’ve heard that The Conjuring was good and scary, but I haven’t worked up the nerve to watch it yet. Is it worth all the sleepless nights that will inevitably follow? Would my brave, NOT AT ALL scardey husband like it? You’ll have to give me some details.
Lucy McGoose is going as Minnie Mouse this year, which is not particularly creative but she loves Minnie. I don’t take the kiddos trick-or-treat until they’re 3 and can actually SAY trick-or-treat, so she will most likely dress up and eat a ton of brother’s candy. What I’m saying is, it will be a normal day for her.
In the hopes that you love costumes and spooky sweets as much as I do, I’m sharing a ton of my favorites of both! Lots of great inspiration if you’ve put off picking out a costume or need a fun treat for a party.
Here are my favorite scary treats that I’ve created:
- Scary Cherry Cake — this cake is just a tiny bit scary and a whole lot yum.
- Brains in a Jar — one of my creepiest and grossest treats ever. A huge hit with boys!
- Ghost Cupcake Cones — adorable and oh so easy.
- Spider Peanut Butter Blossoms — I LOVE these so much.
- Melted Witches – one of my most popular creations of all time.
- Halloween Hi Hat Cupcakes — fun for parties without being gory or scary.
7. Oreo Spider Cupcakes — I love the color contrast on these cupcakes!
8. Mummy Twinkie Pops — you know I love Twinkies…
9. Glamorous Witch Cupcakes — cute and girly.
10. Frankenstein Twinkie Pops — again with the Twinkies…these are so easy and so fun.
11. Peanut Butter Eyeball Truffles – there’s a scary treat hidden in these!
12. Simple Monster Cupcakes — perfect for littles who love monsters but aren’t ready to be scared.
And here are my favorites from around the web:
13. Reese’s Owls from Inside BruCrew Life
14. Wicked Witch Cupcakes from The Domestic Rebel
15. Halloween Crispy Treat Pops from Love from the Oven
16. Pumpkin Dirt Pudding (Graveyard Parfaits) from Neighborfood
17. Gingerdead Cookies from Kailley’s Kitchen
18. Monster Whoopie Pies from Your Cup of Cake
19. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake for Halloween from Barbara Bakes
20. Jack Skellington Chocolate Covered Apples from My Wonky Wonderful World
21. Skull Cake from Sugarhero
22. Bat Oreo Truffles from One Sweet Appetite
23. Bewitching Apples from Mom on Time Out
24. Halloween Marshmallow Pops from Glorious Treats
1. Girls Elsa Costume from Party City – Lucy has recently become obsessed with Frozen. We watch it every day.
2. Polka Dot Monster costume from Target – cutest monster ever!
3. Olivia the Piglet costume from Party City– one of my favorite children’s book characters.
4. Mint Fairy costume from Pottery Barn Kids – that mint and gold….oh my gosh.
5. Fleece Little Owl costume from Carter’s — so snuggly!
1. Ride In Firetruck Costume from Party City – this is adorable. If only I could talk Jon David into it… ;)
2. Olaf Costume from Party City – again with Frozen. Can we all agree not to fight it? It’s wonderful.
3. Yoda Costume from Party City — that little Yoda is killing me!!
4. Little Frankenstein costume from Carter’s – one of the best baby costumes EVER. I love this so much.
5. Where the Wild Things Are Max costume from Pottery Barn Kids — Where the Wild Things Are is so special to me. In LOVE with this costume.
What are your Halloween plans? Have the kiddos picked out costumes yet? I’d love to hear what you are doing!
Enjoy and have a great day!