If you love Whopper Egg Easter candy, you’ll go crazy for these Whopper Egg Brownies!! Crushed candy and malt powder make them festive and delicious!
Is there a human who exists on earth who DOESN’T love malted milk eggs at Easter?
I can’t stop eating the stupid things. They’re so much better than regular Whoppers. I think because of the candy shell.
Why don’t they make Whoppers with a candy shell year round? It doesn’t have to be an Easter only thing, does it? It’s really not fair, if you ask me.
Know what else isn’t fair? Calories. Dumb, idiotic calories.
These brownies start with my favorite one bowl, homemade recipe. They’re the perfect combination of fudgy and cakey and come together in a snap. This version has Whopper Eggs in the brownie batter, and crushed in the frosting. I added malt powder to the frosting to give it a malted boost.
Is malted boost even a thing? I guess it is now.
The buttercream is truly perfect — the crushed candy makes it crunchy and perfect. My husband actually said that there are the best brownies he’s ever eaten, but in the interest of full disclosure, he says that about a lot of desserts I make.
So either I’m always outdoing myself, or I’m married to a liar.
You be the judge.
These fun brownies are perfect for a Spring potluck, Easter dinner, or even just for using up leftover Easter candy. Every year, I get my son less and less Easter candy and every year he STILL doesn’t finish half of it. I’ll be June and I’ll find the basket in his closet and have to throw it away.
Have you ever even HEARD of such nonsense?
But of course, he still wants to GET candy, and when I try to eat it he acts all offended. So I’ll just get him a bunch and sneak it in baked goods when he’s not paying attention.
I call it repurposing. Very Etsy-ish, right?
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 12 oz (ish) jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 1/2 cup malted milk ball eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 cup malted milk eggs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Gently fold in hot fudge sauce (you may need to heat it just enough to spoon/pour out of jar). Fold in candy.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Brownies will look cakey on top and feel very dense -- that is normal. Let brownies cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, vanilla, and cream on medium low until combined. With the mixer on low speed, beat in powdered sugar and malt powder until just barely mixed. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute. Fold in crushed candy and spread frosting on cooled brownies.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!