These Frozen Margarita Pie Bars are the perfect sweet treat for a Cinco de Mayo party. You can eat them with your hands, and the lime flavor just screams Summer.
Hey friends, hey!!
Let’s talk about Easter. It was today! What did you do, what did you eat, have you been picking Easter grass out of your carpet all day?
What? You don’t use Easter grass? Well. How not fun is THAT?
I boiled a bunch of eggs and bought a cheap little egg decorating kit, but I didn’t EXACTLY remind Jon David to decorate eggs…I figured if he said something, I would be like, “yes, see I was planning on doing them all along,” but if he didn’t…I’d just kind of do nothing. And then if he remembered later I’d be like, “dude, I thought you didn’t want to do them because you’re a nine year old bro nowadays”.
So, he never mentioned egg decorating, which makes me the worst mom of the year. But on a good note, my manicure isn’t stained with purple PAAS. Haters gonna hate.
Now I’ve got to figure out egg salad or something. I don’t know if I even LIKE egg salad because I’ve never had it, so this is bound to be an adventure.
Now that Easter is over (but not the Reese’s Eggs, holla!), let’s start looking ahead and talking Cinco de Mayo. Not a holiday I normally celebrate, but it involves tacos and margaritas so I think it should start being a thing at my house. It also just so happens to fall on a Monday this year, and if we are being honest, my Mondays always need a margarita.
Preferably frozen with lots of salt on the rim.
These bars are just a spin on one of my very most favorite pies, which is lemonade pie. Lemonade pie is what I call a white trash dessert, which incidentally happens to be my favorite type of dessert. Glean whatever meaning from that that you will.
For this recipe, I used Margarita concentrate instead of lemonade and made these babies into bars, so you can cut them in advance and keep them in the freezer until serving. The graham cracker crust is generous, so it holds the filling just fine. No need for forks with this dessert. Forks are for chumps.
- 15 graham cracker sheets, crushed into fine crumbs (I use my food processor)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 TBS (one stick) butter, melted
- 6 oz frozen margarita concentrate, thawed (about half a large can)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil, set aside. In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture in to the bottom of prepared pan and bake for about 8 or 9 minutes, until fragrant and firm. Let cool completely.
- Prepare filling: In the bowl of your mixer, beat margarita concentrate and sweetened condensed milk on medium low until smooth and combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in prepared pan and cover. Place in the freezer for several hours before serving.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt prior to serving, if desired.
I love desserts like this — citrus is my favorite and these aren’t too sour. Enjoy and have a great Monday!