I know that we usually associate smoothies with Summertime, but I think that is a huge mistake.
If you ask me, smoothies are the PERFECT way to balance out all the cakes, pies, cookies, and mashed potatoes we stuff in our faces 24/7 November through December.
Fact: We need healthy things to grow.
Fact: Pies and cakes and chocolate covered cherries are not healthy.
Fact: It is easier to drink healthy things than eat them, especially if your mouth is lazy like mine. It’s true — that’s why I text all the time instead of calling — ALL THE WORDS. My mouth is like yeah…no.
Smoothies are an awesome snack for Lucy Goose, too!! She self feeds (she has a lot of FEELINGS at this point in her life, and her FEELINGS include NOT wanting anyone to FEED her) and this is a great way to get healthy stuff in her. If I put it in an insulated cup, it’s also a great on the go snack for her while we are out running errands.
Know what else? You can call a smoothie a fruit milkshake and it makes your kids want it worse. It’s true. Try it, you’ll see.
Now that I’ve got you all wanting smoothies, I’m sharing an AWESOME smoothie recipe with you AND giving you a chance to win BOTH the Hamilton Beach Smoothie Smart Blender AND the Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender. I really think you’ll love them both!!
Let’s talk details:
- Lets you blend the perfect smoothie for breakfast, lunch or dessert
- One touch of the Auto Smoothie button activates the smart, 45-second blending cycle with pulsing action to crush ice, low-speed mixing and high speed for final smooth results
- When your perfect smoothie is ready, the Smoothie Smart™ Blender automatically shuts off, preventing over-blending
- Equipped with 5 blending functions including pulse, ice crush, mix and puree
- Ice Sabre™ blades and 700 watts of peak power provide excellent ice-crushing performance
- 40 oz. patented Wave~Action®: glass jar won’t absorb food odors, stain or scratch
- Patented no-mess pouring spout eliminates drips and dribbles
- Easy-clean smooth touchpad
- Dishwasher safe jar, blades and lid
- Cord storage area underneath base
- Take your drink to go
- Blend and drink in the same jar
- Use your own healthy ingredients in smoothies, shakes & more
- Fast and easy one-touch blending
- Reusable dishwasher safe jar
- Travel lid lets you drink from the jar
- 14 oz. capacity
- Stainless steel blades
- Compact storage – jar stores upside down and cord wraps around base
And to get you started, I made a Pomegranate Banana Smoothie. Strawberry Banana Smoothies have always been my favorite, but I wanted something more seasonal…and this is PERFECT. My new favorite, hands down!!
I don’t like my smoothies super thick, so this is an easily drinkable consistency. If you like your smoothies thicker, add a bit more yogurt or freeze your banana before blending.
- 4 oz Pomegranate juice
- 1/2 medium/large sized banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Pour all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
I usually find that I have to add a bit of sweetener to most smoothies, or they are too sour — this one was PERFECT!! The sweet pomegranate juice really gives it all it needs.
And now for the giveaway — to enter, use the simple widget below. If you’re on mobile or unable to use the widget for any reason, leave a comment on this post and that will count as your entry.
Contest is open to US Residents 18 years and older. Good luck and thanks for entering!!
Disclosure: Prizes for this giveaway have been provided by Hamilton Beach. All opinions are 100% my own.