I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am a STRICT MOM.
Those are not MY words, but the words of my son, who gleefully announces at LEAST once a week that I am the “strictest mom in my class”.
The sad part is, he doesn’t seem upset about it so much as he seems to find it hilarious. He has a strict mom. Ha!! So funny.
If we are telling the truth, being a strict mom doesn’t bother me until I am CALLED a strict mom. Then I remember being a kid and having friends that we always said, “her mom is so super strict” and I realize that my little ten year old self never fathomed that I would grow up to be THE STRICT MOM.
Also, my husband is never called a Strict Dad. If that tells you who the good guy is in my house.
Sometimes I envy him, getting to be Mr. Good Time, but mostly I don’t. Because truly, there is no greater satisfaction than watching my husband tell Jon David to do something 5 times, then I walk in and with a point and a LOOK, it’s done immediately.
Don’t get me wrong — we are candy eaters, video game players, loud song singers, and noneducational television watchers. What I am strict about is behavior, manners, laziness, and grades. Because honestly, does a “clean” diet and no television really matter if my child is a slob and a bully? I pick my battles, is all.
Also, Minecraft? Sometimes it’s a pretty awesome babysitter. Mama needs an hour of peace every now and then (sorry. not sorry).
Maybe something like…”well, you’re grounded for a month, but look!! I made you bars loaded with candy and marshmallow!!”
Can that be a thing?
These bars are absolutely perfect — chewy peanut butter blondies, loaded with Reese’s Pieces, peanut butter chips, and gooey marshmallow. It honestly does NOT get much better!!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks salted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces Candies
- 13 oz (the large jar) Marshmallow Creme
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Stop the mixer to scrape the sides of the bowl before adding the eggs one at a time, beating after each. Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add flour mixture until incorporated. Using a wooden spoon, make sure all the flour mixture from the bottom of the bowl is mixed in (batter will be thick). Fold in chips and Reese's Pieces candies.
- Spread approximately 2/3 of batter in prepared pan.
- With the lid (and packaging seal) removed, microwave the Marshmallow Creme, stirring every 20 seconds, until it's softened and easy to spread. Spoon evenly over batter in pan and spread gently.
- Spoon remaining batter over marshmallow, as evenly as possible. Spread a bit, then using a sharp knife, drag through the batter, creating a "swirl". Bake for about 30 minutes, until edges are brown and bars are dark golden all over (some of the marshmallow may puff up and get darker brown than the rest of the batter -- this is okay).
- Let bars cool completely. Refrigerate until firm for ease in cutting (this also keeps the marshmallow from oozing out).
The combination of Reese’s Pieces and gooey marshmallow is SO SO GOOD!! Give these a try for sure.
Enjoy and have a great day!!