So, I finally decided that I was ready to try to lose the last of my pregnancy weight.
I’ve been using one of those calorie counting apps on my phone, and it’s basically the dumbest thing ever.
That dumb app makes me question every tiny thing I could possibly eat.
Did you KNOW how many calories is in stuff? A LOT, that’s what. PLUS, it’s a lot of math, so I spend my day doing math and NOT eating.
The other day, Jon David was all, “Mom, these Nilla Wafers are stale,” and I was like, “they’re not stale, son…they’re Reduced Fat.”
Then he looked at them with pure contempt and replied, “Well…I feel sorry for YOU”.
I made these cupcakes the other day, so of course I had to eat one for quality control and all that.
OMG — stinking delicious. I am not even kidding, it’s all I thought about for hours. Finally, I ended up in the kitchen, harfing another cupcake down my face over the sink. Then I hated myself a little, but it was so good, I really didn’t hate myself THAT much.
I wish you could write blog calories off like you can ingredients for taxes.
I don’t know if you’re on a diet or whatever, but if you are, you need to make the darn cupcakes anyways. They are so perfectly tangy and limey with a graham cracker base and creamy cream cheese frosting with a hint of lime added. Seriously perfect.
- 1 box (18.25 oz) classic white cake mix
- 1 small box (3 oz) Lime Jell-O
- 1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, slightly softened
- 8 oz block cream cheese, slightly softened
- 3 TBS freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Graham cracker crumbs and lime slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of each liner. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Jell-O, eggs, vegetable oil, and limeade concentrate. Beat on low for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl, increase speed to medium high, and beat for two minutes. Fill tins 2/3 full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and lime juice on medium low speed until combined. With the mixer set on LOW, slowly add powdered sugar. Beat until just combined. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute. Frost cupcakes, then garnish with additional graham cracker crumbs and lime slices.
These are so great for any cookout or Spring get together. Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!