- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com -
Conversation Heart Cupcakes
Posted By Kristan On February 3, 2013 @ 11:34 pm In Cupcakes | 32 Comments
Basic Buttercream and White Chocolate Ganache
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened slightly
- 3 TBS milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- White Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Pink candy coloring
1. For Buttercream: Beat butter, milk, and vanilla in mixer, on medium low speed until smooth and combined. Slowly add powdered sugar with the mixer on low, until just combined. Increase mixer speed to medium high and continue beating until smooth and fluffy. Add more cream or milk if frosting is too thick and beat to desired consistency.
2. For ganache: In a microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in corn syrup and refrigerate until cool and thick. Add a drop or two of candy coloring.
You can buy candy coloring HERE or at most craft stores. I prefer candy coloring because it is oil based, not water based, which can cause chocolate to seize up.
Article printed from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com
URL to article: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2013/02/conversation-heart-cupcakes/
Copyright © 2011-2012. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. All rights reserved.