So, I’ve mentioned that my friend Shelly flew to Arkansas to visit me last weekend and we baked lots of stuff and snuggled baby Lucy and had lots of fun times.
Now our sons have started messaging each other on their iPods.
And Face Timing.
These kids have never even met, and they are all up in the business. I looked at Jon David’s iPod the other day and they had been messaging each other at like 6:30 in the morning. I scanned through their conversations, and it turns out that they are mostly talking about poop, Skylanders, or dinner.
Also, Jon David props his iPod up outside so they can watch him do his pogo stick. It’s like a virtual friendship. I tried to tell him about how I had to mail HANDWRITTEN letters when I was a kid, and it was super hard to have far away friends, and he wasn’t even listening. I’m pretty sure he thinks I just invent this stuff out of thin air.
Yesterday the kid across the street was over to play, and I heard Jon David tell him, “Oh…I’m just messaging my friend who lives over by New York City”. I tried to tell him that they live in NEW JERSEY, but I guess “close to New York City” sounds cooler.
Whatever, weirdo. Way to act famous.
While Shelly and I were baking, we decided that strawberry stuff needed to happen. It’s pink, so it’s Valentiney, right??
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (8 TBS) butter
- 4 heaping Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x9 or 7x11 pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat cake mix, oil, and eggs on medium low speed until combined. mixture will be thick. Press mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes, until edges are set and center is puffy. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Make frosting: In a medium saucepan, melt butter on mediaum heat. Add cocoa powder and milk, and whisk until mixture is boiling. Continue to whisk until mixture thickens, then remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. Pour frosting evenly over bars, and let frosting cool to set. The bars cut better if chilled.
Shelly made you some yummy Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies, so head over there to check them out!!
Enjoy and have a very happy Thursday!!