Have you ever noticed that a baby multiplies your dirty laundry by like a trillion?
And I don’t know if it’s their dirty clothes, or the fact that you’re so short on time, but it seems like there are piles of dirty clothes at every turn.
Also, baby clothes have to be washed separate, which is kind of a pain.
One time, I decided to just throw Lucy’s stuff in with the regular clothes. Then one day she got a little rash on her belly and I recognized the onesie from being in the regular laundry without special detergent and I was all “AHHHH!!! I’m the worst mom that ever lived!!!” then I changed her clothes and begged for forgiveness while she just stared at me and drooled. (Or maybe she was pooping, because she had that intense look on her face). So I had to track down all the stuff that needed rewashed in special baby detergent.
Then I ate chocolate because that whole thing was stressful.
Then I said, no wonder your pants don’t fit, you do things wrong, then you eat chocolate to make yourself feel better you big dummy.
Sometimes my husband asks if I want him to do some laundry, and I scream “NOOO!!! STAY AWAY!!” and he’s all confused because we are supposed to want our husbands to do laundry.
He lacks follow through. Because what he does, is throw a load in the washer and forget about it. Then the next day, I find a washer full of clothes that have a suspicious mildew-ey smell, and I have to rewash them, then put them in the dryer, then fold them and put them away, and I resent him the whole time and plot my revenge.
And plotting revenge is stressful, so I go eat some chocolate, and you see where this is going.
Want some treats?
These push pops are so cute and perfect for Valentines, and couldn’t be simpler. They’re also great for parties because you can just throw them in a box and go!!
I made these last weekend while my friend Shelly was here visiting me…and she made a really cool Rainbow Ganache Cake at the same time. Go over and check it out, I think you’ll love it!!
Chocolate Cherry Push Pops
- Chocolate Cake, baked and cooled in a jelly roll pan so it’s thin (I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- Cherry Frosting:
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, slightly softened
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 20 empty push pop containers
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
1. Prepare frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice from the jar of cherries until semi-combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar until it is just mixed in. Increase speed to high and beat for about a minute until fluffy.
2. Cut chocolate cake into small circles (I use an empty push pop so the cake is the exact right size). Layer the cake and frosting in the push pops (you can either use a piping bag or a small spoon to do this).
3. Top push pops with a maraschino cherry, if desired.
You can buy empty push pops HERE.