You know those kind of recipes that require very little effort, but give you great results?
This is one of those kind.
Honestly, getting anything baked nowadays is a miracle. I don’t know how some people make this whole baby thing look so easy — is there a brand of baby that never cries and changes their own diapers that no one has told me about?? If I have time to wash my hair and fold a load of laundry, I consider my day a huge success, let’s just leave it at that.
Anyways — these cookies.
They’re so easy, so yummy, and the recipe makes a bunch of cookies. They look great on a holiday cookie plate, too, so even new baby mamas can win at Christmas!!
These are so good and so festive. I love them!!
Red Velvet Peppermint Blossom Cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag white chocolate peppermint Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
1. In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat. Add cake mix and beat until combined. Chill dough for 2 hours (or longer if you get busy or your baby is crying a lot).
2. Preheat oven to 350. Scoop cookie dough with a 1 inch cookie scoop and roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
**adapted from Paula Deen