I have been kind of in a bad mood lately.
At first I was thinking that maybe I’m just a brat, but then I realized that being 8 months pregnant during the end of a Presidential Election will make anyone a little frowny faced.
Seriously…it’s so crazy hard to keep up with changing my vote fifty times a day based on rants and captioned photos posted to Facebook by people I barely know. One minute, I know where I stand on important issues like health care reform and the economy and the next I’m all, “hey…did you read that status? Better call the husband and let him know that we are switching parties!!”
I finally decided that it’s too much to deal with mentally. So instead of voting based on what Facebook tells me to do, political parties, or where I stand on health care or a woman’s right to choose, I will vote based on the following:
#1 Which candidate is most likely to get Bates out of jail? I mean REALLY, it’s KIND of Bates’s own fault for being such a martyr, but he’s totally innocent and we all know it.
#2 Which candidate will make it possible for food to have calories according to how filling it is? For instance– A bowl of beans = lots of calories. A Twinkie or cotton candy = minus four calories
#3 Can we all just agree that while “Call Me Maybe” is catchy, it’s time to move on? Make it go away.
#4 Tomatoes — they’re vegetables, and we all know it. Surely someone can make it OFFICIAL?
(also, why isn’t Andy Cohen moderating any of these Presidential Debates? Anyone who can keep Teresa Guidice in check is surely capable of sticking to a time table and asking the tough questions)
Anyways — this is my new political strategy. Basically, I’m voting based on a character on Downton Abbey and the ability to consume large quantities of sugar without getting fat. You’re welcome.
Care to join?
In other news, I made Caramel Filled Brownies, which isn’t THAT big a deal considering I’ve made caramel brownies lots of times.
These were by FAR the simplest caramel filled brownies of all time. They’re thick, delicious, and make up a whole huge pan, which is perfect for crowds.
Especially if we can get that calorie bill passed because really…brownies aren’t THAT filling, are they?
Two boxes of brownie mix and a bag of fun sized Simply Caramel Milky Way bars.
Completely simple, but to everyone else? Amazing.
This is such an easy and impressive way to dress up brownies…and no one will know that they are just a mix with some candy bars thrown in!!
Simple Caramel Filled Brownies
- 2 boxes Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- Eggs, oil, and water to prepare both mixes
- 1 large bag fun sized Milky Way Simply Caramel Bars, unwrapped
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray and flour a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
2. Prepare ONE box of brownie mix according to box directions. Spread evenly in the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with unwrapped candy bars, spread in a single layer. Place back in the oven for about five minutes, then remove and lightly mash softened candy with a spatula.
3. Prepare second box of brownie mix and pour carefully over melted candy bars, spreading evenly. Top with chocolate chips and bake for about 25 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut and serve.