- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com -
Posted By Kristan On October 7, 2012 @ 9:59 pm In Cupcakes,Frosting,Halloween | 24 Comments
- Strawberry Cake Mix, plus eggs, oil, and water to prepare (if you want to make your cupcakes homemade, by all means…please do. But at this particular time in my life, I lack the time, energy, or inclination)
- Marshmallow Filling:
- 15 Large Strawberry Flavored marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened, frozen strawberries in sugar syrup, thawed and blended smooth
- Strawberry Frosting:
- 1/4 cup sweetened, frozen strawberries in sugar syrup, thawed and blended smooth
- 2 sticks butter (I use salted)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Strawberry Extract
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- About a cup and a half of Frankenberry cereal for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with liners and set aside.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove to cooling rack until cool.
3. Using a small knife, cut the centers out of the cupcakes (you don’t want to go down more than about 1/2 way). In a microwave safe bowl, microwave strawberry marshmallows and pureed strawberry mixture, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. It should take about 2 minutes total. Let mixture cool and thicken slightly, then fill cupcakes and chill until firm.
3. Prepare frosting: In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, extracts, and blended strawberries on low speed until just combined. Add powdered sugar slowly, blending on low until just combined. Increase speed to high and beat for about 2 minutes, or until frosting is smooth, light, and fluffy. Frost cupcakes, covering the filling in the center. Top with cereal.
** If you’re going to pipe your frosting on high like I did, you should double the frosting recipe
Article printed from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com
URL to article: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/10/frankenberry-cupcakes/
Copyright © 2011-2012. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. All rights reserved.