- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com -
Cherry Pie Bars
Posted By Kristan On August 12, 2012 @ 6:36 pm In Brownies and Bars,Pie | 40 Comments
Cherry Pie Bars
Adapted from Sugar, Sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 11×7 rimmed baking sheet with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. set aside. Place butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium until fluffy, about a minute. Change the mixer speed to low and add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla. Add the flour slowly while the mixer runs on low speed and beat until smooth. Set aside one cup of batter.
3. Spread remaining batter in the baking sheet evenly. Spoon cherry pie filling over the top, spreading evenly over the batter. Drop the reserved batter by the teaspoonful over the cherry pie filling randomly.
4. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the batter turns golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, adding more milk if the glaze is too thick. Spoon over cooled cherry pie bars, cut, and serve.
Article printed from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com
URL to article: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/08/cherry-pie-bars/
Copyright © 2011-2012. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. All rights reserved.