Sometimes I feel like that, as a woman, there is a lot of pressure to be perfect.
Perfect kids, perfect meals, perfectly clean house.
And honestly, sites like Facebook make it even easier for all of us to keep up the ruse.
Look!! I roasted a chicken perfectly and now we are taking an evening stroll as a family! AND I’m wearing HEELS!! See all the photos of how perfect everything is???
Seriously, we all know that the kids probably picked at the chicken while they asked for hot dogs, it’s way too hot out to be walking, and your feet have to be killing you. Nothing against being happy and living an adorable life, but if you seem too perfect, I do not trust you.
Sometimes, you have to give people a glimpse of the crazy. It’s true.
However — there is nothing wrong with showing off a little bit from time to time. But take shortcuts, people!! No one will even know.
Take this dessert for instance — majorly adorable, and completely easy peasy. You can throw it together in a jiffy and still have time left to watch your DVR’d episodes of Teen Mom (I have sooooo had it with Farrah).
Stop acting like you don’t watch that junk, ya liar.
It doesn’t get much easier or more adorable than this!!
Brownie Cheesecake Sundae Bites
- 9×13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled
- Cheesecake Frosting:
- 1 box Jell-O Cheesecake flavored Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz (half an 8 oz tub) whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Cherries, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, and powdered sugar until thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate about an hour, until firm.
2. Using a small circular cookie or biscuit cutter, cut brownies into rounds, cutting as close together as possible. Eat any and all scraps.
3. Using a spoon OR a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pile cheesecake frosting on each brownie bite. Top with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and cherries before serving.