- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen - http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com -
Posted By Kristan On July 10, 2012 @ 5:52 pm In Brownies and Bars,Chocolate | 69 Comments
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) butter, melted
- 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
- 8 oz bag Rolo Minis (they come already unwrapped, which saves a ton of hassle)
1. Preheat oven to 325. Coat a 9×13 glass pan with butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add melted butter and stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed (mixture will be very thick, I mixed with my hands towards the end). Press half the mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 17 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then evenly cover with caramel sauce. Sprinkle entire bag of Rolos over the top, as evenly as possible. Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the Rolo/caramel mixture and bake for 17 more minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cool for several hours before cutting into squares and serving.
If you want to use regular sized Rolos, you can, they’ll just be a bit bigger and need to be unwrapped. Just use enough to get a good sprinkling across the top…you want a few in every bar.
Article printed from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com
URL to article: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/07/rolo-caramelitas/
Copyright © 2011-2012. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. All rights reserved.