Do you ever wonder what it is about husbands that makes them born so much different than wives?
I mean, marriage would be a lot easier if men thought more like women.
When we are sick, they would make soup and feel sorry for us and feel our foreheads and watch marathons of The Hills with us in bed.
They would always know that if a kid is being too quiet, it means they are up to something, and they’d get up on their own to go check.
Also, they’d hear better.
My husband is all, “how did you hear them saying that?” and I’m all, “it’s mom ears, they’re made for hearing sneaky plans, duh”
Also, when they ask what is wrong and you say “NOTHING” they would know that actually means that they did something rude, and they would immediately look for dishes to wash or something.
Nothing says sorry like a clean house, just saying.
Marriage is just hard, because it involves committing your life to someone who thinks completely different than you do. Sometimes I think there should be some kind of a Tier System, where once you reach certain tiers in your marriage, you get prizes or whatever.
Like maybe after 5 years you get a free tropical vacation and after 10 you get free romantic dinners once a week. With babysitting.
Then once you reach 50 years, you get beachfront property for the rest of your life. I mean, if you stick it out with some crazy man for 50 years, you’re kind of due a beach house. You know it’s true.
But as it stands, you just stick it out, loving them and hoping that one day you can understand each other well enough to anticipate their needs.
(which, if we’re being honest, probably won’t happen. How many fights about you nagging or your husband not helping with the laundry have you had? However — it’s much harder to fight in a beach house, sooo….)
You know those desserts that don’t look that awesome but they taste really great?
That is basically what these are. They’re chewy peanut butter bars, filled with coconut and chocolate chips and then rolled in powdered sugar while warm.
You know you want one!
Unless you hate coconut (ahem ALIEN), in which case you probably DON’T want one. But– you could just leave the coconut out. Still yummy!
These are so easy to throw together and would be great with all kinds of mix ins.
Peanut Butter Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour an 8×8 or 7×10 baking pan. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter or margarine, peanut butter, and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add add eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed in. With the mixer on low, add flour, mixing until completely combined. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
3. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until center is golden brown and edges are a dark brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and rolling in powdered sugar while still warm.