I don’t really understand people who say they wish they could be a kid again.
Seriously, being a kid is not that great.
Being an adult however, is completely awesome.
I mean, I get to open a new box of cereal before the other boxes are finished, wear however much eye makeup I want, and eat Skittles for lunch.
Sounds good to me.
The only real problem I have with being an adult is the lack of prizes and incentives.
My son comes home from school every day with a smiley face and a good behavior prize at the end of the week from the treasure chest.
And I remember that when I was a kid, the teachers at my elementary school would randomly pass out gold sheriff stars to kids they caught behaving good.
So sometimes when I do something really adultish like make an important phone call about a doctor appointment, pay bills AND have the stamps on hand to mail them off immediately, AND plan dinner that includes several side dishes and rolls, I sort of find myself looking around for someone with a cute sticker or a star to give me or something.
Oooh!! Or one of those scratch and sniff stickers, you know the ones that smelled like chocolate or whatever?
Anyways, I’m thinking that I might start my own business where I just patrol the land looking for adults doing good adult things and give them stickers or sheriff stars.
And I’m not exactly sure when this business of mine will take off, or where my patrols will take me, so you should all probably do super adultish things just in case I make it your way.
Do any of you know where to buy those chocolate stickers?
Another good thing about being an adult is that I don’t have to wait until after school to eat a Little Debbie. I can have them whenever I want!
I’m partial to Fudge Rounds, so I decided to make my own.
**cookie recipe from Bake or Break
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- Heat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add slowly to the butter/sugar mixture in the mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove baking sheets to cooling racks and remove cookies after a few minutes to continue cooling.
- While cookies cool, make your filling.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the shortening and butter on medium speed until smooth and combined. Beat in vanilla. Add cocoa powder and powdered sugar and beat on low until just combined. Add water and beat on medium high for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Once cookies have cooled, pipe or spread filling on the flat side of half of them. Gently press another cookie on top of the filling.
- For the stripes, microwave 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Drizzle or pipe on top of Fudge Rounds. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Thanks so much for visiting me! I hope you have a fabulous day!!